Friday, March 25, 2011

19 March 11

moss and boots
We had some coffee and read at the espresso cafe in Maple Falls, and then decided to take Chuckanut Drive from Bellingham to Mount Vernon. What a fantastic choice that was! It was gorgeous the whole way; I would love to do it again with more time to just stop and meander through a few of the little towns, and check out the coast a bit more.

I was reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and was totally absorbed in it. I didn't even stop reading in the car when I started to feel moderately nauseous. When we got to Dorothy's, she saw the book in my hand and exclaimed loudly over it, and said she'd understand completely if I was a bit anti-social. Even at the symphony I was reading it during the intermission.

We drove home via the Peace Arch and got in around 1:30 - neither of us really relished another restless night's sleep at the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment