Monday, April 15, 2013

15 March 13

lovely Liang
Liang invited me to an art opening at Gropp's Gallery in Mount Pleasant. Some of her friends had pieces in the show, so we had some wine and chatted with them a bit and then made our way to Commercial for a housewarming. Liang, being from Kits, told me it was off the Drive, so we went to Toby's (at 12th) to pick up liquor. Turns out the party was actually at Templeton and it was below Hastings, so it took us about half an hour to walk there. Ah well, it wasn't raining and it wasn't too cold either.

At the party someone had set up a blanket fort behind the couch and it was honestly one of the best ideas for a party I've ever seen. It gave introverts like me the chance to retreat from madness after a bit, and sit in a cool place with a few other people and just drink and chat quietly. It was lovely. We spent a good chunk of our party time in there and I quite enjoyed myself, and normally I'm very uncomfortable at parties where I don't know most of the people. I hardly remember anyone's name now, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy connecting with them at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment