Saturday, May 18, 2013

08 April 13

handsome furs
I glanced through the concert listings in the Georgia Straight for the first time in awhile. I only go to a couple of shows a year these days, it seems, but in 2005-2008 I was constantly attending concerts, often on weeknights, sometimes by myself. I picked up the Straight every week and circled bands I wanted to see. I would be outraged if two shows I was interested in were happening on the same night. I don't know where I got so much money. Maybe concerts were cheaper then? Or maybe I just cared more.
The Handsome Furs shirt I'm wearing is one I bought at their show at Richard's on Richards (may she rest in peace) in 2006, another habit I've grown out of. I used to have countless band tees, and now I have only a handful, a few of which weren't even purchased at concerts. C'est la vie, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment