Tuesday, September 14, 2010

09 September 10

arguably fine literature
I've been re-reading the series for the umpteenth time. Someone at work asked me what made me want to read them again, and I found it hard to describe. She just... creates a whole world that you can easily put yourself in. Sometimes I have to force myself to remember it's not real. I love how interconnected and detailed everything is; the tiniest speck of information may seem pointless at one time, but shows up later and is wholly relevant. When you're in the middle of one and you have to stop, you'll be thinking about the next time you can pick it up again. Even when you know what happens it doesn't make it any less desirable to devour each paragraph, wanting desperately to reach the climax of the story but at the same time wanting it not to be over.

And yes, I DO have two copies of the Philosopher's Stone, because I wanted one with the original back cover art.

No comments:

Post a Comment